There are more than 900 licensed community sport, social, cultural and recreation clubs across Western Australia that share more than 320,000 members. The nature of the club industry is unique in that registered clubs are community-owned and all profits (if any) made are distributed back into the community through infrastructure and support of local programs and groups.
Clubs WA is the industry body for licensed clubs and works with the Government, private sector and public to strengthen the role of clubs amongst local communities and to ensure they remain viable.
Clubs WA is part of a national body, ClubsAustralia, and is the largest membership-based not-for-profit organisation in Western Australia. With an active involvement in almost every town, the club industry spreads to a quarter of the population of Western Australia.
Clubs WA Members
Western Australian clubs are heavily restricted in regards to liquor licensing, venue hire and who is able to enter their clubs. Clubs WA provides each of its member clubs with tailored advice and guides on how to work with relevant regulatory bodies to develop and strengthen their club.
Assistance for our clubs includes:
- Annual industry events including the Club Awards for Excellence
- Representation to Government and regulatory bodies
- Tailored advice on everything from wages and staff disputes to Constitution amendments
- Templates for club management
- Referrals to professional, legal, financial and insurance services
- Compliance Management advice including Club Licence Audits, Harm Minimisation documents and Club Constitutions
- Workplace Relations Services
- Industry communication tools including a bi-monthly newsletter (the Service Bulletin) and weekly e-news
- Special offers from Clubs WA’s Corporate Partners
Learn more about Clubs WA Membership and how to join over 500 clubs who are already members and have your voice heard.