Manager – Wyndham Community Club
- Employer Wyndham Community Club
- Location Wyndham, WA
- Type Full time
- Posted Opened 27 days ago
- Closes 2 June 2021
Manager / manager couple required for an East Kimberley community club in Wyndham, Western Australia.
Wyndham – ‘the last frontier’ – is WA’s northernmost town. Our community club is the only watering hole in the town (located some 100km from Kununurra and 900km from Darwin), so there’s ample opportunity to increase business and cashflow. As a former pub, taken on by the community in the 1970s, we offer a front and lounge bar, accommodation and PubTAB. We are licensed as a social club so we’re ‘members only’, although we cater for the greater region and tourism alike.
We have previously run on a volunteer management basis. However, we are now in a position to employ staff. You would be involved with a supportive and active committee, but would need to support full opening hours on a five-to-seven day basis.
This club has huge potential, and we need the right people to make things happen. You will need to have a can-do attitude, excellent customer service and have a hands-on approach. We are looking for people (ideally for a couple) who would be able to both run the bar, kitchen, general handy work around the grounds and organising staff, etc.
This opportunity would suit an energetic, semi-retired travelling couple, or people looking to relocate from a big city to find a very relaxed environment and enjoy all the East Kimberley has to offer, including world-class barramundi fishing, amazing untouched rugged terrain unlike anywhere else in the world, and ample 4×4 or boating adventures.
This position comes with free accommodation onsite in a motel-style unit with shared kitchen facilities & ensuite. If you own a caravan or mobile home, even better: we will offer you free power, so come and plug in!
You will be required to:
• Work nights and weekends
• Run the bar
• Run the kitchen (if able)
• Train, manage and support all staff, including rostering
• Liaise with committee to ensure margins and budgets are maintained
• Undertake stocktakes and stock ordering
• Report and / or repair maintenance or safety concerns (depending on skill set)
• Liaise with committee to create & promote monthly events
• Liaise with community to book in events
• Current WA RSA and Approved Manager’s Licenses
• National police clearances (for Manager’s License)
• Strong cash-handling skills
• Ability to work autonomously, i.e. run the bar and kitchen unsupervised
• Understanding of life in the bush, its benefits and challenges
• References from last 2 employers
Hourly rate / salary negotiable depending on applicant. This position will commence ASAP. If you’re interested, please apply now – click on the link below to email us your resume and interest.